I'll give a brief summary here and you can follow the links for complete details.
First line is Last Updated date so you'll know immediately if there are any current changes.
1. How We Gather Information - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#1
The ISC Portal system saves your information and references it to your email address and password.
2. Log Files - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#2
Web logs are stored and used to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track how visitors interact with the site.
3. Cookies - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#3
ISC may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. You can remove your ISC Portal login cookie by clicking the "Logout" link.
4. How We Protect Your Personal Information - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#4
ISC safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. The ISC website uses SSL v3 and TLS v1 encryption on all web pages where personal information is submitted.
5. Access To Your Personal Information - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#5
To review and update your personal contact information, simply click https://isc.sans.edu/login.html and log in with your email address and password, then click My Information.
6. Notifications and Promotional Email - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#6
You are free to opt-in and/or opt-out of any notification or email.
7. Links To Other Sites - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#7
The ISC web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by ISC. Please be aware that the ISC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
8. Affiliates And Subsidiaries - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#8
DShield.org provides Google Ads and uses Google Analytics in certain areas of the site.
9. Information Obtained From Third Parties - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#9
ISC does not sell or trade your personal information. We may at times receive contact lists from other organizations. We may send mailings such as brochures to these addresses.
10. Changes To This Privacy Statement - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#10
11. Contact Us - https://isc.sans.edu/privacy.html#11
Post suggestions or comments in the section below or send us any questions or comments in the contact form on https://isc.sans.edu/contact.html#contact-form
Sep 14th 2012
7 years ago
What a timely article. I was just checking out an add-in called Do Not Track Plus from http://www.abine.com/dntdetail.php . It's a browser add-in that purportedly automatically blocks tracking cookies. It shows this site is just using Google Anayltics. LinkedIn, well, that's an entirely different story.
Sep 16th 2012
7 years ago