Last Updated: 2011-05-03 12:20:44 UTC
by Johannes Ullrich (Version: 1)
So far, we have seen very little Osama Bin Laden themed malware. The most prominent case that was discussed by a number of sites took advantage of facebook.
- Send a message "See the Osama Bin Laden EXECUTION Video! http://clickily.ws/...." (full URL omited)
- add a message to your status pointing to the "video"
Some of the domain names and IP addresses involved in this scam:
- 188.8.131.52 (see code below)
- ow.ly and clickily.ws (URL shorteners used by the scam. not all URLs at these domains are malicious)
- cooldadssz.co.cc (tries to download a file called "laden.png". However, this file no longer appears to be available)
- www.hindustantimes.com (a non-malicious newspaper site. Only used to downlaod a "Loading" indicator)
- spprf.info - hosting an HTML page shown after the script runs