Last Updated: 2008-02-29 12:53:05 UTC
by Swa Frantzen (Version: 22)
UPDATE: This diary is completely rewritten, please see the newer guidance diary for more information.
As anticipated when we wrote the diary "in memory of hard disk encryption?" about the research from Princeton into the property of DRAM to continue to keep data for a short while without power, the disk encryption vendors are starting to react.
- PGP: press release
- Utimaco: original link broken now, new press release
- Mobile Armor: note and press release
- Winmagic: support note
- GuardianEdge: news article
- Bitlocker: blog (protection) and technical explanation
- Pointsec: advisory
- Bitarmor: article and press release
- Jetico: FAQ entry related to a new release to mitigate "coldboot" effects
Vendors are welcome to point us to their explanation.
Swa Frantzen -- Gorilla Security
Last Updated: 2008-02-27 01:51:53 UTC
by Adrien de Beaupre (Version: 2)
Once again this appears to be a targeted attack. There have been reports of a 'zero-day' however this has been discounted by Microsoft.
Last Updated: 2008-02-26 19:08:08 UTC
by Adrien de Beaupre (Version: 1)
The Internet Health Report has been showing red for XO connections for the past while, but seems to be coming back. We have had multiple reports of Hotmail being inaccessible as well.
Adrien de Beaupré