Milw0rm offline

Published: 2009-07-08
Last Updated: 2009-07-09 19:11:23 UTC
by Marcus Sachs (Version: 3)
2 comment(s)

We've received multiple emails today from readers who cannot reach Milw0rm.  The site's owner, str0ke, left this message on the site yesterday:

Well, this is my goodbye header for milw0rm. I wish I had the time I did in the past to post exploits, I just don't :(. For the past 3 months I have actually done a pretty crappy job of getting peoples work out fast enough to be proud of, 0 to 72 hours (taking off weekends) isn't fair to the authors on this site. I appreciate and thank everyone for their support in the past.
Be safe, /str0ke

Update: Well, it wasn't gone for too long.  str0ke brought the site back up with this message:

"milw0rm's back up & posting will start once again, I can't let all of the emails in my submit box to just sit there"

--Joel

Update 2:  Many people have written in, continuing to say that they can't get to milw0rm right now.  According to str0ke, the box that is hosting the page is being hit so hard, they can't keep it running.

--Joel

Marcus H. Sachs
Director, SANS Internet Storm Center

Keywords: milw0rm
2 comment(s)

Comments

According to his twitter account, str0ke is handing over the site to some friends to run going forward:

http://twitter.com/str0ke/statuses/2534797494
looks like the site is either down or getting massive hits.

Diary Archives